Some Notable Success Stories & Selected Accomplishments
From my collective experience at some of Canada’s leading corporations where I was responsible for strategic planning, partnerships, product development and marketing strategy with a view to drive new growth opportunities and develop new lines of business with a focus on emerging media; mobile; iTV; interactive voice, video & social media:
- Yellow Pages Group Launches Mobile Search Applications For Blackberry and iPhone
- Yellow Pages Group & Telus – 411 Voice Mobile Search
- YellowPages.ca Connects Social Networkers with Local Canadian Businesses with New Application on Facebook Platform
- Leveraging the power of instant messaging as a customer interaction channel.
- Mobile Search on Text Messaging 411411
- YellowPages.ca collaborates with Nokia to deliver localized search
- Marketing & Promotion YellowPages411 Gives Motorists a Break with a Full Tank of Gas
- Social Media as a Multiplatform Experience- Degrassi TV
- Bell Canada delivers first wireless voice recognition portal to Canadians
- Sympatico-Lycos Launches Wireless Flight Information Service with Air Canada
- Sympatico-Lycos partners with TELUS and Lucent Technologies for location based mobile internet services
- Mobile & Wireless Payment Solutions
From my collective experience at some of Canada’s leading corporations that were all industry leaders within their respective industry groups.
- Developed and consulted on various business plans covering numerous market segments.
- Developed a marketing and sales strategy to support $80 million of product sales that resulted in company’s ability to almost double the net margin of the division.
- Landed in excess of $ 20 million in business through strong proposal management.
- Developed a $35 Million net new growth plan to complement core plan.
- Restructured Sales and Marketing from a direct model to a channel-based model resulting in faster market penetration.
- Developed a strong track record of identifying profitable new business line opportunities.
- Development of a coast to coast marketing and sales program for a National Consumer Electronics Company giving the company the ability to completely service Canada.
- Market intelligence gathering and analysis resulting in the ability to measure themselves against the rest of the industry.
- Lead consultant for new business engagements.
- Directed Product Management Group ( 8 Product Managers & 4 Project Managers).
- Designed a mobile commerce company from pen and paper to funding stage, resulting in the company’s ability to attract investors.
- Created policy and procedure architecture that integrates IT strategy with business drivers.
- Developed project plans from executive strategy meetings, resulting in the ability to act on vision.
- Developed complete software architecture for online and mobile services.
- Orchestrated the vision and development of a hybrid IT outsourcing product that was targeted towards the small to medium sized business.
- Created an international 7 x 24 world class data centre from plan, which worked as a show piece for customer tours.
- Acted as advisor for growth companies, leading the development of core products from architectural design to market readiness.
- Identified business opportunity, then built Canada’s first Mobile Platform.
- Created, developed and delivered profitable new products.
- Created numerous business cases for new business offerings.
- Effectively managed large project teams pooled across inter-departmental boundaries.
- Developed risk management strategies through contract structuring, financial engineering and process modeling.
- Managed system development projects.
- Responsible for the implementation of technology management strategies, resulting in the ability to professionally manage rapid growth.
- Created business cases for infrastructure builds and external business offerings.
- Consulted on and implemented Business Recovery Plan for a major consumer electronics company.
- Created a risk management plan for a large customer that resulted in the mitigation of potentially large financial losses.
- Managed more than 20 projects simultaneously.
- Entrusted with multi-million dollar budgets (Capital & Operating).
- Orchestrated security designs and implementations.
- Ran computer room construction projects.
- Developed network disaster recovery plans.
- Instrumental in closing accounts and then running the implementation project. (From RFP to normalization).
- Received the “CEO Award of Outstanding Achievement” from BCE.
Feel free to reach out if you would like more information or require assistance in the area of marketing; sales or product development.
Top 10 most frequently searched and most popular read articles on this site
Tags: 411411, Atari Inc., Bell ActiMedia, Bell GlobeMedia, BlackBerry, Casio Computer, David Langdon, Directory Assistance, Emerging Media, Free DA, free411, Hello Yellow, iphone, Irwin Toy Limited, iTV, IVR, local search, MediaLynx, Mobile Browser, Mobile Search, Mobile Web, MSN IM, MultiPlatform, Sharp Electronics, Social Media, Sympatico Inc., Sympatico-Lycos, sympatico.ca, sympatico.msn, telus411, Text Messaging, Voice & 411, voice recognition, VoiceNet, yellow pages, yellowpages, yellowpages.ca, yellowpages411, YPG